Monday, February 2, 2009

THE BEST HALF TIME SHOW EVER!!

Yesterday was Super Bowl Sunday. We went to our friend's house for food and fun. They have three kids ages 16, 13, and 20 months (boy). The women socialized, the men cheered on the game, the teenagers drifted and played with my older three, and we all ate way too much. Then the half time show started.

The teenagers left the room. Muttering as they left. They were completely puzzled who Bruce Springstein was... and why was an "old man" standing on a piano? My 10, 8, and 4 year olds followed them. That is, after all, the cool thing to do. Video games were their entertainment for half time!

The two little boys stayed in the living room with the adults. As soon as the music started they were dancing all over the place. They started grooving to the first song, but quickly decided that grooving on the couch was the best. That way they could do belly bumps while jumping. Anticipating that this would lead to other things we placed pillows on the floor surrounding the couch.

Belly bumps swiftly turned into a wrestling match; turned into a who can shove who off the couch; turned into steam rolling each other; turned into using each other's heads as step stools to get back on the couch. Boys!

Through all this activity they never stopped with the deep belly laughs that only accompany sheer entertainment. I think they may have drooled on each other in the process. They both laughed so hard they got the hiccups. Something that, in turn, made all the parents laugh. We were so entertained by them that we didn't pay any attention to the tv.

I can't tell you what songs were played, if there were any back up dancers or singers, or how long the show was. In the end all I can admit to knowing was that it was the best half time I have ever seen. Those two little boys just cutting loose and having fun being boys was all the entertainment I needed.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for sharing - it sounds like a wonderful show! I hope you got some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think to get the camera untill it was over. Bummed about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read the title, I was like "she really liked that half-time show?" But, now that I've read your post, I see that you watched a different one than I did! :) Wish I could've seen yours--sounds WAY more entertaining than Bruce was.

    ReplyDelete