Wednesday, January 28, 2009

HAVE A COLD?

I had a horrible head cold all weekend. I tried a couple approaches to trying to clear the congestion. The results are in!

Sniffing an onion can clear a head cold.

This idea was gross, but I tried it anyway. While it did help for about 20 minutes the congestion was back with a vengeance. Every sniff just lead to a heavier dose of mucus. I only did this for the first day and quickly became annoyed. This is one I am going to say failed.

Ginger tea can clear a head cold.

This approach actually did help- a lot. I used this 3-4 times a day for 3 days. That means I made one 4 cup batch a day. The first day it helped some, but both days after I noticed huge improvements. My cold is gone now! My youngest daughter has the cold, but thanks to the ginger tea is is not getting any worse and she is able to sleep at night.

I am going to say this was a huge success!




GINGER TEA

Boil 4 cups of water on the stove. Pour over 2-3 inches of cut up ginger root (fresh). Let steep for 15-30 minutes. Pour through a fine mesh strainer.



Pour into a cup with a dusting of sugar or honey (takes the bitter edge off). Drink while still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment