Wednesday, January 14, 2009

CURE STOMACH ACHE AT HOME?

Depending on your background you may or may not have heard about curing stomach aches.

The first is a tale that my Grandmother lived by... stomach ache or nerves are always cured with a shot of Blackberry brandy. My brother and I were introduced to that early on, and while I do remember it working, I have not used that as an adult.

The second is a tale that states that Coke will cure stomach ache or gas. I do use this one often. Anytime any member of our family has either excessive gas or a stomach ache we dish out the coke and the problem is solved.

There is even a scene devoted to this idea in Michael J. Fox's film "Doc Hollywood". It unfolds with him playing a young doctor serving some community service in a small town (for wrecking his car into a white picked fence). A boy comes in to the office during the night with a stomach ache. Fox's character jumps to the conclusion that his appendix is bad and calls for an ambulance. Enter small town doctor with a can of Coke and problem is solved!! Hollywood does get it right once in a while.

1 comment: