Tuesday, March 10, 2009

WHAT'S THAT... BEEF CASSEROLE?

I made this the other night, and while it resembles something that should NEVER be eaten... it is really good!! I know there are a lot of processed items in it, but it was my cheat meal. Once in a while the old standby of creamed soup and velveeta cheese is just too alluring! My kids shoveled it down, and my husband actually ate the leftovers. He isn't much of a leftover person so I was very surprised.

"WHAT'S THAT?" BEEF CASSEROLE?

Brown 1 1/2 pounds ground beef with one chopped onion, 1 clove garlic and drain when done. In a bowl combine 8 oz. soft cream cheese, 1 can cream of chicken soup, and 1/4 c. milk. Stir well. Add into bowl 4-8 oz. velveeta cheese, 1 tsp. salt, and cooked meat. Stir well and pour into a 2 qt. casserole. Top with a can of oven ready biscuits.

Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes.


*If you are using pre-cooked beef from the freezer make sure it is defrosted completely. Stir into soup mix and cook for 10 minutes without the biscuits. Top with biscuits and cook the normal amount of time.

**If you are not a fan of creamed soups (I have stopped using them) make a basic white sauce, but incorporated chicken bullion in for cream of chicken, and cut up mushrooms for cream of mushroom. Same can be accomplished with celery or onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment